ISO 14001 certification is a voluntary instrument recognized and used internationally, demonstrating that the organization has a management, monitoring and continuous improvement system in place to guide its environmental performance.
An organization that is ISO 14001 certified demonstrates its commitment to protecting to the environment to its employees, customers and representatives. It does so by ensuring that the management of its environmental performance is optimized through complying with the requirements of the standard.
ISO 14001 certification is a voluntary tool that allows certified organizations to have a dynamic and effective tool for assessing environmental risks, improving their environmental performance and offering healthy working conditions.
ISO 14001 is applicable to any organization, from artisan manufacturers to large multinationals, regardless of size, type and activity.
How can ISO 14001 certification really help the company? Simple! ISO 14001 specifies the requirements that the management system must comply with, but does not define how these must be applied. This means flexibility and freedom to organize the management system in the most appropriate way, respecting the processes and functioning of the company.
Flexibility is also the key principle behind the audits carried out by the Vireo-Interface. Our auditors take a dynamic and functional approach to ISO certifications, aiming to verify the functionality and effectiveness of the management system, rather than just checking the documentation.
By obtaining ISO 14001 certification, your organization will be able to:
- Enhance its credibility and image by demonstrating its compliance with a standard which is recognized worldwide;
- Demonstrate its commitment to protecting the environment to customers and representatives, not only by complying with current environmental regulations, but also in seeking continuous areas of environmental improvement;
- Determine the environmental impact of your business and identify mitigation strategies;
- Gain access to new markets, including foreign ones, and public and private tenders;
- Increase staff involvement and create a culture of continuous improvement;
- Reduce costs related, for example, to waste management and energy consumption.
The cost of ISO 14001 certification by Vireo is calculated on the basis of the characteristics of the individual organization taking into consideration various aspects defined by the IAF documents, such as: number of employees, type of processes, level of risk of the operations, etc.
The organisation also has the opportunity to streamline time and costs by choosing VIREO as the sole entity for the management of the ‘Certification Package‘. This allows the company to have a single point of contact for the management of all certifications and to be able to carry out audits for several certification schemes in a combined manner, optimising the audit process and reducing time and costs.
Numerous companies have already chosen us as their sole certification management body, recognising our experience, professionalism and functional approach to certifications.
On this page you will find reviews of companies certified with us! Contact us without obligation to get to know us and learn more about our services.
By obtaining ISO 14001 certification, the company can:
– Enhance its credibility and image by demonstrating its compliance with a standard which is recognized worldwide;
– Demonstrate its commitment to protecting the environment to customers and representatives, not only by complying with current environmental regulations, but also in seeking continuous areas of environmental improvement;
– Determine the environmental impacts of your business and identify mitigation strategies;
– Gain access to new markets, including foreign ones, and public and private tenders;
– Increase staff involvement and create a culture of continuous improvement;
– Reduce costs related, for example, to waste management and energy consumption
The validity of the accredited certificates issued to companies by Vireo issues has no geographical boundaries.
ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 certificates are valid for 3 years.
Vireo does not define the cost of certification based on the time spent in the company for verification, but calculates the costs based on the characteristics of the individual organization and the types of operations it carries out.
Vireo is a young and dynamic certification body, able to manage any type of certification thanks to a wealth of experience and knowledge of the standards, as well as the competence and professionalism of its auditors.
Companies choose us because our service is flexible, attentive and customer-focussed.
ISO 9001, 14001, or 45001 certification begins with an initial two-step verification:
- Stage 1: consists of an audit at the company, mainly of an exploratory nature, and a first visit to the site. The auditor will evaluate whether the documentation prepared by the company complies with the requirements of the relevant standards and they will carry out a detailed analysis of the nature of the company’s processes.
- Stage 2: based on the evidence collected, the auditor will verify compliance with the requirements defined by the standard.
If compliance is established, the company will receive the certificate which is valid for three years. The certified organization will be audited annually to assess compliance with the requirements of the standard so as to maintain the validity of the certification.
We were looking for a certifying body in tune with our style characterized by constructive participation and growth in education and awareness, so that certifications are attestations of improvement processes, useful to all stakeholders in the work and social contexts of the enterprise. We chose Vireo and found the partner we were looking for, who added promptness, simplicity, rapidity in the professional relationship to expertise.
We found in Vireo a reliable and professionally trained partner!
CARTIERE DEL CHIESE SPA
The balance on the working relationship that has now existed for several years between Cartiera del Chiese SPA and Vireo is definitely positive. Witness to this is the fact that in addition to product certifications such as FSC, PEFC and Blue Angel, in 2016 we also relied on Vireo for ISO 14001/2015 certification. For Cartiera del Chiese, which is located in an environmentally difficult context, it was of paramount importance to obtain a Certified Environmental Management System that is recognized by all the controlling bodies such as the Municipality, Arpa and the Province. We certainly have to acknowledge Vireo, in addition to the professionalism and competence in conducting inspection visits, the timely willingness of the staff to pick up the issues that a structured and articulated company like ours often has.